June 4, 2018
Vegan Mexican Chocolate Cookies
Created by Caz Ludtke on June 4, 2018
- 1 2/3 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. non dairy milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease two baking sheets.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the cookies. If the dough is crumbly add a little more milk, you want the dough to come together, but not be wet and sticky.
- In a shallow dish mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the cookie coating.
- Scoop the cookies and roll them in the sugar, flatten them to about a ½ inch thick and place them on the cookie sheet about 1 inches apart.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes, if you bake them any long than this when they cool they will be very hard and crispy. Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.