Skip to content
- 2 c flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 c sourdough starter
- 1/4 -1/2 c milk, depending on consistency of your starter
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and cut in the cold butter, leave it a little bigger than you might usually do it.
- Add the sourdough starter and give it a rough stir, use your fingers to really work the starter in, add small amounts of milk until the dough comes together.
- Turn out onto a clean counter and push together into a rectangle, cut in half and put one piece on top of the other. Roll out into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 squares and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425F for 20 minutes until the bottoms are golden and the top edges are just starting to get color.