Skip to content
Poached Cod in Thai Curry Sauce
- Olive oil
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 15 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 4 cod fillets
- sautéed garlic spinach
- steamed rice
- cilantro for garnish
- Into a large pan add a splash of olive oil and sauté the shallots, garlic and ginger until they get a little color and soften.
- Add the red bell pepper and curry paste, cook for three minutes then add the remaining sauce ingredients, coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar and vinegar.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and add the fish fillets, nestle them in-between the vegetables and spoon sauce over the top.
- Cook the fish till done, 10-15 minutes depending on the size. When a fork is inserted into the center and turned the fish should flake and not resist.
- Serve with sautéed spinach, rice and garnish with cilantro.