Skip to content
One Pot Bean Dinner
- 1/4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 28 oz pork and beans with juices
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 15 oz can white beans, drained
- ¾ c ketchup
- 6 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 c water
- 1 ½ tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- In a large pot add the chopped bacon and cook until crispy, remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Remove most of the bacon grease and save for later, if you are using ground turkey leave a a few extra tablespoons. Brown the ground meat and remove from the pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of bacon grease back to the pot and caramelize the onions.
- When the onions are cooked to your satisfaction add the cooked ground meat and bacon back to the pot along with the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer the pot of beans for 1 hours stirring occasionally to prevent the beans from sticking to the bottom.
- Serve while hot with steamed brown bread.