Skip to content
- 1/2 head green cabbage, sliced thin
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 c flour
- 1 c dashi stock or water
- 1 egg
- oil for frying
- bonito flakes (optional)
- Toss together the sliced cabbage and green onions, add the flour, dashi and egg. Mix together, I like to use my hand.
- Heat a large pan on medium high heat, add about 1 tablespoon of oil and allow to get hot.
- Scoop the mixture into small cakes and flatten a little, dress with a pinch of bonito flakes.
- Cook until one side is browned about 2 minutes, flip and cook for a further 2 minutes until the other side is brown.
- Dress each pancake with a smear of okonomiyaki sauce and a blob of mayonnaise. These make good appetizers for a Japanese feast.