Skip to content
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- ¾ c sugar
- ¼ c cornstarch
- zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1 qt or 2lb strawberries
- baked pie crust
- whipped cream for serving
- In a medium pot mix together the sugar and cornstarch, add the lemon zest and juice and salt.
- Hull all the strawberries, chop half of them into small pieces and place them into the pot pot, slice the other half of the berries in half or the larger ones into quarters, set aside.
- Turn the heat on to medium and cook the strawberry mixture for 10 minutes or until the liquid has thickened, remove from the heat.
- Add the sliced berries, stir to combine everything and pour into the baked pie crust, arrange some of the larger slices of berries on top of the pie so it looks pretty.
- Let cool till the pie is about room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve with soft whipped cream.