Skip to content
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 egg
- butter for frying
- maple syrup and sriracha for serving
- Cut a circle in a slice of bread, use a glass, cup or cookie cutter, sometimes the right sized item doesn’t cut through the bread and you’ll have to use a knife finish cutting through the bread.
- Melt a pad of butter in a pan, put the slice of bread and the cut out circle into the pan and rub it around, flip the pieces over and rub a little more so that everything has been buttered.
- Toast the bread on one side on medium heat, flip the pieces over, add a little more butter to the hole and crack in an egg.
- Cook until the egg is done to your liking, you can flip the toast over to cook the egg on the top or put a lid on it to help steam the white of the egg.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and doted lines of sriracha.