Skip to content
- 4 1/2 lb bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 ½ tbsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 ¼ c red wine vinegar
- 20 prunes
- ¾ c green olives, drained
- 2 tbsp. drained capers
- 2 tbsp. caper juice
- 3 bay leaves
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large container, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Arrange the chicken into a large baking dish in one layer, pour the marinade and bits over the chicken. I tuck some of the prunes and garlic under the chicken so it won’t burn.
- Bake the chicken for 50 minutes to an hour or until a thermometer reads 160F.
- Serve the chicken with couscous and don’t forget to slurp up lots of the sauce.