- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ a small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. flour
- ½ c white wine
- ¾ - 1 c stock, chicken or vegetable
- ½ of a large head of cauliflower, grated by hand
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1/3 c grated parmesan
- In a large saucepan on medium high heat add the oil and diced onion, sauté for 5-7 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add the butter, let it melt then add the flour, stir everything together and allow the flour to cook for about 3 minutes until it smells fragrant and darkens in color.
- Add in the white wine and stock, simmer for about 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Fold in the grated cauliflower carefully and turn down the heat to medium, cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until the cauliflower is tender but not mushy.
- Finish the risotto with salt, pepper and grated parmesan.