July 19, 2018
Almond Biscotti with Fennel and Orange
Created by Caz Ludtke on July 19, 2018
- 1 ¼ c flour
- 1 c sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ c sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- zest of 1 large orange
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 ½ tsp. sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a baking tray.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together, add in the wet, use your hands to knead the dough until it comes together, if it’s a little dry add a splash of water.
- Using wet hands shape the dough into a flattened oblong loaf shape.
- Bake at 325F for 25 minutes, just so it starts to pick up color.
- Remove the biscotti from the oven, brush it with milk and sprinkle on the sanding sugar, bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool for 10 minutes, using a serrated knife cut long slices of biscotti, lay them back on the tray cut sides down.
- Bake at 325F for 15-20 minutes filling the pieces over half way through the cooking time. The biscotti are done when both sides are golden brown and dry to the touch.