Skip to content
9 Egg White Cake
- 9 large egg whites (1 ¼ c)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 c sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 5 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking power
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a bundt pan.
- Whisk the egg whites, vanilla and ¼ c of sugar together until almost soft peaks, about two minutes on high speed.
- In a large bowl sift the remaining sugar, flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt, sift again into the whipped egg whites and gently fold in.
- Fold in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350F for 35 minutes, test the cake for doneness with a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minute in the pan before turning out.