It’s been awhile since I posted here, 2020 has a been a weird year and let’s leave it at that and move onto happier things like cookies!
These shortbread cookies are infused with mated milk powder giving them more depth than just butter flavor. The only downfall in finding the right balance of the amount of malt powder is that the they can end up just a bit sticky on your teeth if you don’t bake them long enough. Keep an eye on them as they bake, but make sure their edges get some golden brown color before removing them from the oven. I dip mine in chocolate to finish them off, it’s not necessary but who’d say no to a little chocolate.
Created by Caz Ludtke on December 10, 2020
- 3/4 c butter, room temp
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ c malted milk powder
- 1 1/2 c flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer until fluffy, add the egg yolk and beat smooth. Add in the vanilla and dry ingredients, mix slowly until fully incorporated.
- Shape the dough into a long log, I use wet hands for this, wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is chilled slice the dough into 1/3 inch coins and arrange on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.