Skip to content
Twice Marinated Azorean Roasted Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs or several quails
- 1 c beer or white wine
- 1/4 c white vinegar
- 4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together, put in a zip top plastic bag with the chicken and marinade for at least 8 hours, best overnight.
- Brown the chicken in a large pan in batches. When browned return all of it to the pan with the marinade and simmer until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove the chicken and let the marinade continue to simmer until it reduces by half.
- Pour the marinade into a clean zip top bag and put the chicken in with it, let it marinade again, at least 8 hours.
- When ready to eat, broil the chicken until heated through, make sure to flip it to brown the underside. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon.