Skip to content
- ½ c masa harina or cornmeal
- ¼ c milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 3 c defrosted corn kernels
- oil for cooking
- Add all of the cachapa ingredients to a blender adding the corn kernels last, this will ensure a chunkier batter, not all the corn will be blended smooth.
- Pulse the blender until the top layer of corn just starts to turn under the surface, do not blend anymore!
- Pour the batter out and into a bowl, let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, an hour it better.
- Heat a large griddle or the largest frying pan you have on medium high heat.
- Add a little oil, dish out ½ a cup of batter onto the griddle, if using a frying I’d only make one at a time, I could fit three on my large griddle.
- Cover the cachapas and cook for about 5 minutes or until the top surface looks a little dry, loosen the edges and flip the corn cake over