July 4, 2018
Banana Coconut Macaroons
Created by Caz Ludtke on July 4, 2018
- 1 banana
- 3 egg whites, about 6 tablespoons
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c flour
- 16 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- optional: 1/8 tsp pandan extract for half the batch of dough
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease 2 sheet pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl mash the banana with the back of a fork, add the egg whites, sugar and salt, stir until the mixture is relatively smooth.
- Add the flour and shredded coconut, beat together until the mixture is homogenized. If using the pandan extract scoop out half of the dough into another bowl, add the extract and beat till fully incorporated.
- Using a disher that measures about 2 tablespoons, scoop the coconut dough onto the greased sheet pans about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes, the bottoms will darken first so rotate the pans half way through their cooking time. If the tops do not have enough brown color you can broil them for a moment, but keep a close eye on them.